Veteran's Discharge & Military Records

Discharge Document
Military veterans are encouraged to bring their original discharge papers or DD-214s in the Clerk’s Office. These original documents are copied and archived and kept on record in perpetuity. There is no charge for this service. Advantages of filing include a possible reduction on property taxes and having a secure repository for this important paper.

The veteran or next of kin may request 1 free certified copy of the document, which may be useful in obtaining a variety of benefits due the veteran. The Military Discharge Copy DD-214 form is used.

Military Records
To learn how to obtain a copy of a veteran’s military records, please follow the directions provided at the National Archives website.