Individuals needing assistance paying their heating bills this winter are encouraged to contact Thames Valley Council for Community Action
(TVCCA) to apply for Connecticut Energy Assistance Program.
401 W Thames Street
Norwich, CT 06360
- Phone: 860-889-1365
- Fax: 860-885-2738
- Eversource - For a full list of resources to assist with payment on your Eversource bill click this link or call Eversource at 800-286-2828 (electric) or 800-438-2278 (gas)
- Project Warm-UP - Project Warm-UP is a heating assistance program of United Way of Southeastern CT (UWSECT) which collaborates with other local service providers to meet the home heating needs of families in New London County who are experiencing a short-term crisis. . Target beneficiaries of the program are those families that otherwise "fall through the cracks" or between guidelines of other local, state and federal assistance programs (i.e. individuals laid off due to downsizing, people experiencing unusual medical expenses and families in emergency). Applicants must first exhaust all other means of assistance available.
- The Soldiers', Sailors', and Marines' Fund Assistance - This program provides limited assistance to veterans who are residents of Connecticut. Contact Information: Call 1-800-491-4941.
- Salvation Army - Contact Ledyard Social Services at 860-464-3222.UniteCT Program - This program is administered by the Department of Housing on behalf of the US Treasury. UniteCT provides up to $15,000 rental and up to $1,500 electricity payment assistance on behalf of Connecticut households financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- UniteCT Program - This program is administered by the Department of Housing on behalf of the US Treasury. UniteCT provides up to $15,000 rental and up to $1,500 electricity payment assistance on behalf of Connecticut households financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ledyard Social Services
In some cases Ledyard Social Services is able to help residents with heating assistance. For more information and an application please contact Ledyard Social Services at 860-464-3222. Ledyard Social Services reserves the right to deny any application that does not appear to be an appropriate use of available funds.