The Economic Development Commission is tasked with growing the economic base of the Town of Ledyard. To facilitate this, tax abatement incentives have been created that are available to new and expanding businesses.
For further details, email the Planner
or call 860-464-3215.
Special Loan Opportunities:
Ledyard Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Based on your income, Ledyard offers no interest loans for code compliance, septic, energy efficiency, lead paint and general repairs that do not have to be paid back until the sale of the residence.
Ledyard Housing Rehabilitation Program Pre-Application
C-PACE High Performance Building Upgrades
- is a State of Connecticut program for increasing commercial building efficiency.
Small Business Express
- program offers Connecticut's small business quick access to capital.
In addition, several outside sources are available for financing and business assistance:
- seCTer (Southeastern Connecticut Enterprise Region) - Located in New London, seCTer provides information about financing options and has a loan program to fund businesses. Contact seCTer by calling 860-437-4659.
- AdvanceCT - Provides marketing and research assistance and offers its Business Response Center as an information clearinghouse and a site finder. Contact CERC by calling 860-571-7136.
- MCCE (Mitchell College’s Center for Entrepreneurship) - Housed within the Mystic Chamber of Commerce, MCCE offers information, courses and mentoring related to business start up. Contact MCCE by calling 860-572-9578.